Friday, December 30, 2011

Remembering 2011

I love New Years, not for the wild parties or champagne, but because I really enjoy going over everything that happened in the last year.  The twists and turns, epic fails and big wins, and just gaining perspective on how it all really came together.  Then I get all excited about 2012.

I realize this blog has become a little record of my life.  Even if I don't always put the most personal things into it, I can think of what was going on around the time I wrote each post.  I can honestly say I didn't know what to think when I started this in 2009.  Friends had blogs, it seemed like a good idea, so why not.  And now I'm excited to say Ohtheplacesyouwillgo will soon be moving to a new home on the interwebs.  But more about that after the new year.

So. 2011 for me was...


New Years day 2011 in Hiroshima, Japan with great friends, participating in a traditional Japanese Buddhist festival and hiking Mt. Misen.



Through my photo, I met Pam from Sidewalk Shoes and her Garden Tuesday posts became a fun addition to my week.



The tragic earthquake and tsunami of Japan occurred and my husband and squadron were called in to provide aid.  I was so proud of him, and slightly scared he'd come back glowing in the dark from radiation.


I finally found a career that I love, working with endangered Guam Rail birds, Marianas Kingfisher, crow and fruit bats.  The job on Guam opened so many doors for me, now I'm working with Whooping Cranes.


Some of my best friends came and went.  I hate that.  But we still talk just about every day.


I shared some of our wedding pictures with you.


I saw two of our best friends get married!



He came back from his second Deployment!  And a week later I came back to the United States to start exploring some options for myself.  It was such a tough decision to leave him on Guam and go long distance.  But this time has created some amazing opportunities and if anything it has made us, as a couple, better for it.


Ran my first Half Marathon.

Met ana of i made it so, enjoyed her Archive Dive Friday and sense of humor.  As well as Robyn of add a pinch with Mingle Monday, and she even featured one of my ETSY groupings.  Well, really I've met so many wonderful people through blogging, that's one of the best parts!

cooked my little heart out, even though my food photography could use some major help.  Perhaps a goal for next year...


Had my first sponsored Giveaway.


Met my guy in Hawaii for one of our best.trips.ever.

There's been so much, this list barely covers it!  And I kind of like life that way... Full.

So, thank you for coming on this adventure with me.  I just can't wait to see what comes next.   Happy New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Love the recap! And, btw, I didn't go ANYWHERE. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser about the new blog and can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete